The holidays are breathing down my neck, people. For the past couple of weeks the pressure has been mounting for me to get everything on my to-do list done by the times I need everything to be done. I finally sat down today with my calendar to plan everything out. The results are… stressful. Let’s put it that way. Doable, but it’s going to be a crunch. I need to:
- Finish Meagan’s blue & white quilt which is currently on my frame (thankfully almost done!)
- Finish piecing my giant Christmas star quilt, load it up and quilt it, then bind it. (This is not to mention coordinating pillows I have ready to finish as well)
- I have 3 other tops that need to get loaded and quilted in time to bind by Christmas, because they’re gifts.
- I have someone sending me a Christmas top
- I have a Valentine’s Day pattern I need to demo so it can be released by the first of the year in advance of Valentine’s Day.
It’s a lot, but to throw another kink into the whole picture, I have family coming out to visit on back-to-back weekends, which I’m so, so excited about, but it knocks out about a week for me as far as quilting time goes. And on top of all of this is the daily grind with two little kids and normal life stuff. Whew. Time-management is going to be a resolution of mine.
I do find that I work better with a deadline, though. If I have a timeframe to work in and I know I need to get something done, I find a way to make it happen. So I’m hoping that holds true again this year. Last year, I was finishing up a binding on Christmas morning! Looks like this year isn’t deviating too much from that norm.
Oh, and PS- remember last year’s Inspiration Palooza? We’re doing it again! I’ve been working on ideas for the giveaway, and I think I’ve settled on something so stay tuned for that!